Hot Tenting part 2 - The test in -11 C

  

I went back to the same place as early and got the camp built in aprox 35 min. The tent is big enough to get all gear in it, the sledge and my backpack. I had a IKEA bag full of wood to burn in the hot stove and soon I had a nice an cozy temperature in the tent. The outside temperature was about -8 degrees.



I started to sleep in my gore tex bivy bag and down sleeping bag. The first part of the night was some chill and I had to do something aprox 05.00 in the morning. I put fire in the hot stove and realized that the tent had frozen moisture in the roof. The hot stove gave warmth and I got an extra down sleeping bag from my gear. I had now two sleeping bags and my gore bivy bag. I got directly warm and slept well until the morning. The morning was cold, aprox -11 degrees nut the hot stove gave some warmth. I was back at my car at about 10.00.



Hints: pack all gear so that it easy to work with it in cold conditions. The chimney and the hot stove is made of metal – wear thin gloves on your hands when working with these. Wear gloves in all other work. Do not wear fancy and expensive outdoor clothing with hot stove – you get dirty from soot.

Pack a down jacket in some bag so you can put it on directly when the camp is ready – to get warmth and to function properly. Have hot water in thermos flasks – they do not freeze during the cold night.



Have enough sleeping mats under your body when sleeping outdoors, at least 2 to insulate you from the cold ground.  

Remember 6 P – proper planning prevents piss poor performance!

Tent: https://www.amazon.de/OneTigris-ROCDOMUS-Survival-H%C3%A4ngematte-wasserdicht/dp/B09NLSRY3S

Sledge: https://varuste.net/p47995/erapro-60-pro-960-expedition-sled

Sleeping bags: Joutsen Halla, Haglöfs LIM 12, Us Army gore tex bivy bag, Exped downmat 9

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/us-mss-gore-tex-bivvy-bag-woodland-surplus/3085

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Självständighetsdagen

Samekniven KS8F tillverkad av Knivsmed Strömeng