BUSHCRAFT CHEST RIG AND CLOTHING

 

The idea to build a bushcraft chest rig came originally from the military where you have all important stuff on your upper body. Helikon-tex has one model for civil use and it looks really handy. I have however collected different rigs due my service in the military reserve – so I build my own version. It thinks a chest rig gives you some kind of security when working alone in the wilderness. You have for instance first aid really near and tools for working with hot stoves and pipes. You often wear a lot of clothing in the winter and it’s really handy to have a knife easy to use and not hanging from a belt under several jackets.

Helikon-chest rig for civil use


I have my rig in the transport sledge and I use the rig when I build the camp. I do not use it otherwise.

I have in my rig now from left to right: Tasmanian tiger pouch 1: first aid mainly for cuts, Helikon-tex Sere pouch: Gerber multi tool, stuff for the hot stove, iron trip wire, Tasmanian-tiger pouch 2: a Lumonite head light. The knife is a Fällkniven S1 Survival knife. I will upgrade the belt with a Garmin min GPS foretrex 401.





I have used recently a Helikon-Tex smock in multicam pattern. I have my phone, matches, toilet paper, gloves, headgear, folding knife and first aid in the pockets of the jacket.

https://www.helikon-tex.com/en_eur/ku-pcs-pr-pcs-parka-polycotton-ripstop.html

I will in the future test Origo Pro:s Thermal jacket:

https://origopro.com/en/product/thermal-jacket-origo-hunter-carbon-m05-snow-camo/

I used Taigas pants on the recent trip and a pro-tip from Mors Kochanski (Northern Buschcraft 1991) is to always have your matches in the trousers – then you always have them with you. I will in the future test Origo Pros combat pants and plan how to use these.

https://origopro.com/tuote/taisteluhousut-m05-metsakuvio/

If you use military pro-tips in the civil outdoor activities then you also plan what you have and where in your clothing. I think this is important in solo activities – you find directly the stuff you need for the situation. Therefore it’s important to plan and pack your jackets and trousers and not only stuff randomly gear in them.

Remeber 6 P - Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance (22nd SAS) 

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Självständighetsdagen

Hot Tenting part 2 - The test in -11 C

Samekniven KS8F tillverkad av Knivsmed Strömeng